Log Line

Log Line

After the research I did I was able to follow Tyler Mowery's tips and develop an idea for the screenplay which stems from my chosen genre of Coming-of-Age. The idea is one that I have experience with and will hopefully be relatable to a lot of people which is proving yourself to others and overcoming anxiety and uncertainty. From this idea I was able to develop a protagonist, Olivia who is a student like myself.

As Tyler said, every main character must have a desire and a belief which are in conflict with eachother. The desire of Olivia is to get a job but her belief is that of self doubt and anxiety. A log line needs three ingredients; a main character, their goal and an opposing force that stands in the way of the main character preventing them from achieving their goal, all three of these elements are embedded within this idea so it is now possible to write a log line for the screenplay within one sentence. A log line can be written as follows;

A teenage student wants to find a job but to do so she must overcome her self doubt and anxiety.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'The Arrival' analysis

'The Ellington Kid' analysis

Creative Ideas