Cinematic Ideas
Cinematic Ideas
To achieve my aims and intentions for my screenplay and digital storyboard I need to use several different film techniques which I am taking inspiration for from the set texts and several of the other resources I have found through my own research.
To achieve my aims to create a screenplay that explores certain themes through the character of Olivia with her own character arc and narrative resolution I need to use the established narrative theories to structure a screenplay that allows Olivia to make choices with consequences that make her change as a person whilst allowing her internal conflicts to be resolved by the end of the ten pages of screenplay. Mapping out the synopsis of my screenplay onto both the three act structure and Dan Harmon's story circle allowed me to develop a core structure for the screenplay which accomplished these aims.
To achieve my aims for the digital storyboard which include aligning with the viewer with Olivia and visually depicting her anxiety and inner conflict I need to use specific micro elements. I plan to take inspiration for some of these microelements from the set texts including the use of tilted angles to build tension from 'The Fly' and the use of close up shots to portray a character's emotions in a situation such as are used prominently in 'Echo'.
Comments
Post a Comment