Aims & Intentions


Aims and Intentions


My aims with the screenplay are to use established narrative theories that would help to structure a story and characters which will explore the themes of anxiety, identity and mental health. In my screenplay I want to represent Olivia as a likeable and relatable character who has agency within the narrative, i.e. her choices influence the story. The effect I want to have on my audience is to make them empathize with Olivia and to understand and feel her anxiety in certain scenes. I want my screenplay to have a clear defined character arc for Olivia and narrative resolution.



My aims with my digital storyboard are to use cinematography and mise-en-scene as well as to comment on how sound and editing would be used too to effectively build tension and align the viewer with Olivia and to portray her anxiety and character development/thought process believably. I also intend to use micro elements to build upon the narrative of the screenplay and add more depth to the story that can only be done visually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'The Arrival' analysis

'The Ellington Kid' analysis

Creative Ideas